The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Monday, January 6, 2014

aw-ster-i-tee

-->
aus·ter·i·ty
  1. austere  quality; severity of manner, life, etc.; sternness.
  2. usually, austerities. ascetic practices: austerities of monastery life.
  3. strict economy.  
 
I mean it in the “strict economy” sense of the word.

Over the winter holidays, I took some time to stash-dive and figure out how many projects that I have abandoned, forgotten about or put on indefinite time out.  Turns out, it's quite a few.  

I bit the bullet and cataloged them all.  I sat down and had a hard conversation with myself about finishing.  Here is the list there are about thirty-one in total: 
Project Name
·       Bonus Blocks Quilt
·       Celtic Knot
·       Gifts of the Spirit
·       Grinch Remnant
·       Minimalist in Brown
·       Patriotic 1 (Patchwork Times)
·       Patriotic 2
·       Pinks and Purple
·       Scrappy Nine Patch
·       Spectrum (Sample)
·       Strip-a-rama
·       Wonky Shoo-fly
·       B/W Hexies
·       Baseball Caps
·       Batik Nine Patch
·       Changing Pad
·       Christmas Tree Skirt/Advent Calendar
·       Civil War Quilt
·       Holiday Table Runner
·       Jythothi's Quilt
·       Kwanzaa Table Runner
·       Lone Star Baby (1)
·       Lone Star Baby (2)
·       Pantoja/Wright Memorial
·       Sister's Choice
·       Dissappearing Nine Patch
·       Mickey Mouse Classic
·       Oversized Arglye
·       Paisley (with Blue and Yellow)
·       Same Gang
·       Star Sampler

I'd like to say that my story is a cautionary tale, but I don't think that it is.  For me, this is a hobby, it's not my job.  I do this because it brings me joy and I learn things with each project and its process.  I am a process person.  So this year, I am going to practice my intention of finishing the projects that I have started.  Wish me luck. ~ksp

1 comment:

audrey said...

Best of luck! Looks like you have enough projects to keep it interesting.:)