The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Go Vintage

I became an Auntie again back in February and needed to step up and make Baby A a new quilt.  I loved the idea of using striped reclaimed vintage sheets from several awesome Etsy vendors.
  • Shabby Sheets purchased here.
  • So So Vintage purchased here.
  • Whimsie Dots purchased here
I used my newly minted design board to test out an alternating 5" pattern with blocks of Kona solids

Vin_Design Board


I did an all-around stitch in the ditch using Superior Thread's MonoPoly Polyester and then used a ruler (first time doing ruler work) to quilt an offset diamond pattern onto the quilt.



I then used a navy binding, buried the threads that I could and called it "done". I'll post a finished picture when it is delivered to baby today. ~ksp

No comments: