The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Friday, September 2, 2011

Random Reflections - in Batik

I wanted to make a quilt for a silent auction to benefit a local non-profit.  I grabbed one of my old standbys - Bali Pops from Beverly's Fabric.  This time in the Green Tea colorway.  I matched it with 1 1/2 yards of Kona Solids in the Snow colorway.

I searched the Moda Bake Shop and found the Random Reflections pattern here.

I sized up the pattern to use all of the fabric.  It resulted in a moderate queen size.  To keep it interesting,  I layed it out in an unexpected pattern.

Reflections
Outdoor camera-phone shot.

Reflections_UpClose
An in-depth reflection - via cell phone camera.
I'll need to find a quilting pattern that contrasts the linear nature of the pattern in a nice neutral thread color.  Once I get a decent cache of prepared tops and backs, I will go to Olde City Quilts and spend the day with Ms. Kitty the Gammill longarm.  

Any suggestions on a panto pattern?  Let me know. ~ksp

No comments: