The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The First 500: A Do-over!!

Last summer I served as the primary support for my mentee while he underwent chemotherapy for an aggressive lymphoma. I started a hand-quilting project inspired by Texas Freckles, hosted via a Flickr group, chronicled here on my blog.  It kept me busy while sitting in the hospital waiting room and on regular visits to this hospital's oncology wing.

Well in all of the impending hoopla...I've lost this bin.  It contained over 500 hexies, arranged by color, awaiting being laid out and sewn together.

Hexies (120)
All was lost
Each hexagon is a 2.5" fabric square baste-stitched into a cardstock weight die cut paper.

LadyBug
I miss that ladybug.
Liberty Squares
I will rebuild!
I finally bit the bullet and bought more papers from this ebay vendor. I also bid on and won 100-2.5"square cuts of Liberty of London fabrics from Pen*Jane in the UK. Here we go...again. ~ksp

1 comment:

SewHappyGeek said...

Oh no! You poor thing, you must have been crazy over it looking for them and not finding them! You're very good to start over like that. I'm not sure I'd have the heart to do it all again. Good luck!