The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday Night Live!

Today was a great, albeit busy day.  I had a pick-up of my organic vegetable co-op which included a case of tomatoes for putting up.  It was the first meeting of the season for my quilt guild...and the first day of the New Jersey Sheep and Wool Festival.

Unlike its regional relatives Rhinebeck and MDSW, the NJ festival is quaint with all of the requisite food, animals and local/regional vendors.  I actually loved it.  In recent years, I've gone to the bigger festivals  late on Saturday or Sunday to avoid the throng of the crowd.  I find all of the people distracting from the funtivities.

The drive down to the Hunterdon County Fairgrounds was lovely, the weather hovered around 80 degrees with almost no humidity. I was able to meet blog crush Mistress Rows Red in the flesh and confess my love...I bought some kettle-dyed Romney roving in lovely tone-on-tone aquas.

IMG_5553
Glendmere Farm in Cokesbury, NJ
I ended the night with a nice "simple" meal...
IMG_5557
Ingredients: Shrimp, broccoli, onions, garlic lemon juice and spices.  Served over rice.




...and a great Saturday, I'm tired. ~ksp

2 comments:

Donna Lee said...

Now I'm depressed. For some reason, I thought the show was next weekend! I love this show. I'm not good with large crowds so Rhinebeck is out and I'm not sure about MFSW.

Sad, so sad.

Rows Red said...

It was wonderful to meet you, thank you so much for dropping by! The show was a blast and I love the blue fiber you picked up. Any plans for it?

Rhinebeck is my mecca, and I'm lucky to live only 40 minutes away. I'm not bothered by big crowds, but I know a lot of people who are so I hear the small show love a lot. You're certainly not alone!