The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Monday, September 6, 2010

Laboring in the Kitchen

It's Labor Day* here in the US and since I chilled for a lot of the weekend,  I didn't feel bad about working today.  I planted a number of heirloom tomato plants and could not eat them fast enough.  I offered some to my neighbors but still had too many than I knew what to do with.

So as part of my canning spree, I made salsa.  I'm still trying to get better control of my food/portions/sugars etc. so these yummy pints will stock my snack pantry.
Heirloom 'Maters
Varieties include: cherokee purple, mortgage lifter and aunt ruby's german green.
As usual, there is a lot going on here.  September marks many beginnings: my quilting guild meetings, winter-league bowling and the enrollment time at work.

On the guild front  I am charged with creating and maintaining the website...I have no expereince with html code so this is yet another learning curve for me...
Heirloom Salsa
Heirloom salsa


So now, in anticipation of it all, I will catch up on laundry and get ready for another work week.  

Yay for the un-official end of summer!


*Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

2 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I love a good jar of homemade salsa with some chips. Low fat snacking at it's best!

I had to give up bowling due to the arthritis in my shoulder/elbow. When you're taking a handful of advil to withstand the pain, it's time to give it up. I liked it so I miss it.

Victoria said...

I'll take a jar!