The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Monday, October 3, 2011

Better Late Than Never...


This is my "design wall"...well actually, its a design floor.  I haven't been able to get myself together enough to get my felt up on the wall...anyway, I digress.

In 2006, the now defunct Block Central hosted a block of the month titled "Nine Patch Nirvana". I previously blogged about it here.  I loved the pattern and the idea of participating but, as has become usual with me, I wasn't able to participate in the sew-along until much later.

Fast forward several years, in December of 2010, I dug in the stash and found some batik and hand-dyed fabrics that I felt lent themselves to the pattern. I used Kona Cream  as a unifying background.

After too long of a delay, two weeks ago, I got busy and started piecing...Here's how far I've gotten.


Nine Patch Nirvana

There are two blue batiks and Kona Cream from different dye lots...ya'll know I like to keep it scrappy.  I've got some extra half-square triangles of various sizes that I will work into the border and back...I think. 

So far, I like it a lot.  Next up...the border and back.  If I can get it together, this will be my brother's Christmas gift; after all, blue is his favorite color. ~ksp
 

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

It's very striking. Are you going to set the blocks with sashing or not?