The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

11:11 Make a Wish

As part of my my efforts to cut down my quilting stash, I have been collecting free block of the month patterns from here for several years, but I never took the time to set-up and complete them.  Block Central contains a wealth of resources, but I don't think it's maintained anymore.

The first pattern is Somewhere in Time; it's the BOM from 2008.


I chose a rather feminine pallet of pinks and lime-ish greens (I didn't read the selvage edges for manufacturers).  I'm calling the collection pink-fresh...

IMG_3494
Here it is in its binder, ready for the machine.

SomeWhere_Binder


The second pattern is Nine Patch Nirvana and I wanted to go with all batiks.  I saw this great browns/blues batik (far right) at Olde City Quilts that inspired the collection.


IMG_3493
NinePatch_Binder

I'm getting it together...more to come. ~ksp

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Check out this post for a slew of BOMs:
http://quiltinggallery.com/2011/01/12/tis-the-season-for-boms-quilt-alongs-and-challenges/

Kelli said...

Thanks Paula...I will check it out. ~ksp