The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Friday, December 31, 2010

Hand Made Christmas - Let's Bake Cookies

While I did bake cookies this holiday season, I also played with chocolate.  Several of my favorite local chocolatiers offer a chocolate enrobed Oreo cookie...it's decadent to say the least.

I stopped by Hanna Krause and picked up their chocolate "cote" products in dark (personal fav) and milk chocolate.  The process was rather simple, I dipped the cookies in the chocolate (heated on a double boiler).

IMG_3489

I decorated them with some sprinkles I had left over from a batch of sugar cookies.  I think I ate more than I gifted...It's the thought that counts...right?

Have a safe New Years eve everybody.  ~ksp
---
Kwanzaa Day Six:  Kuumba (Creativity): In some respects, I think I exhibit this principle the most throughout the year...having said that, there is always more/different that I can do.  In all endeavors I will do as much as I can, in the way that I can, in order to leave my communities more beautiful and beneficial than I inherited it.

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

I just finished admiring your quilts. They're stunning. You are a very creative woman!

Happy 1/1/11. I hope this is a year filled with creativity and peace and blessings for you.