The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Handmade Holidays - Merlot

The gift queue included a stash busting Double Irish Chain quilt.  When asked, the recipient reported their favorite color as "merlot".  Ah...merlot is one of my absolute favorite libations so a Merlot Double Irish Chain Quilt.

Grabbed a long-languishing Moda jelly roll (ETA: The colorway is Portobello Market) and two different burgundy fabrics and I followed this link.  Those who follow my blog know that I love the scrappy looking quilts so I go out of my way to incorporate variations in colors and fabrics.

BlanketonCouch

Please pardon the crappy phone photos. I forgot to snap photos before wrapping and delivering it, so I had to grab a Blackberry photo.



CenterSquare
Here's a close up of the center square. 


I very much enjoyed this quilt and it went by rather quickly...or I become delirious... The week of Christmas, I quilted it on a long-arm machine at Olde City Quilts with a meandering stitch pattern.
---
Day Four: Ujamaa (cooperative economics): During the coming year, I will work to support local and minority-owned business whenever possible.  I will work to circulate the money I spend in my community of residence/interest.

Day Five:  Nia (purpose): I will continue to build and develop my community and its members in order to restore and maintain values, traditions and customs.

2 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Oooo... beauteous.

Unknown said...

That quilt is very pretty. I prefer scrappy looking quilts too.