The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Dinner

I went to visit my local butcher here while he was preparing some beef braciole (pronounced bra jole).  While I don't eat beef, it totally piqued my curiosity.  I asked him to prepare a chicken version for my Sunday dinner. I was looking for something that I could prep and it could cook all day while I tended to my art.
Chicken Braciole

IMG_3384
Into the frying pan.
I pan fried the bundle in my small dutch oven and added some "gravy" (marinara sauce) and let it simmer...for hours...




IMG_3387
Nice and browned.
I did some clean up on my garden plots and got lazy and really hungry in the end, so I served it over whole wheat spaghetti and called it a meal.  If I had planned it better, I would have served it over orzo or a risotto...maybe next time.  Also, I'll ask Neil to make if with chicken thighs instead of the breast.

God, I just love trying new things. ~ksp

Braciole
A yummy experiment.

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

I've never had chicken bragiole, only the ones made with beef. We make them once in a while but my sister in law is married to a very Italian man and they eat them frequently. I like it and it smells so good as it simmers.