The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Good Deed...

December 1st is World AIDS Day.  I was asked by my sister, to prepare a quilt square for as her job's contribution to a quilt comprised of squares from service agencies county-wide .  She works for the Hyacinth AIDS Foundation.  If I can get a photo of the final quilt, I'll be sure to post it here.

This square, and poor planning on my part, lead to me getting very little sleep last week.  I hope it represents their organization well.  Thanks to My Spicy Yarn's contribution with her patience and embroidery.


Hyacinth SquareFinished

World AIDS Day is an international health day.  This year, and every year, world citizens are asked  take action to tackle HIV prejudice and to protect yourself and others from HIV transmission. 

Check out the website for information regarding activities, to raise awareness, commemorate those who have passed on, and celebrate victories such as increased access to treatment and prevention services. 


Do something. ~ksp

1 comment:

Nashe' Aqua said...

Peace Queen !
I loving finding sista knitters on the net !
Please stop by and say hello …
B blessed !