The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Much Needed Rest

I needed a break...I plotted when daylight's savings time was going to give me my hour back and I planned to hole myself up in the house this weekend and treated myself to no cell phones and death-by-indulgence and some craft time.

When I was in DC, I took a side-wind trip to FibreSpace in Alexandria, VA because I needed an excuse to buy some of Jarred Flood's venture into retail yarn - SHELTER.

I picked up 2 skeins in the Hayloft colorway to coordinate with my favorite Land's End winter jacket.  It's my go-to jacket through most of the winter.  The color was tonal and nubby but a little too dark for the look I was going for, so I decided to carry ember-colored Kidsilk Haze from Fabric.com to provide a halo and soften the color a bit.

IMG_3351
Yarn and riesling...perfect together.
IMG_3355
Chocolate-covered strawberries for Hanna Krause.
I may never come up for air. ~ksp

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

That's my favorite way to spend a weekend. I shut off the computer and put the phone on vibrate and let myself just be.