The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Friday, October 31, 2008

Apples and Trees

I took a short jaunt north of my home to Demarest Farms and boy does it pack a punch. There were hay rides and a corn maze...lots of kiddies with lots of exhausted-looking parents.

They had fresh-baked goodies...

Freshed Baked Yumminess

...a farmer's market with great stuff...

IMG_1346.JPG

...chocolate is the lesser-acknowledged food group but those in the know know that if it's sold at a farm stand, by definition, it's a vegetable.

Jersey Girl Chocolate

...folks could pick their own pumpkins...

Pumpkin Patch

...I spent a small fortune on apples...

IMG_1345.JPG

...when I returned home, I harvested the ripened veggies from the garden and...

IMG_1366.JPG

Made a huge vat of apple butter...delish! ~ksp

Apple Butter

1 comment:

Tamster said...

I grew up in Edison and River Vale and your post about Demarest Farms brings back such memories! I remember going with my mother when you could buy a cup for cider for about a quarter, free refills. I left NJ to go to college 30 years ago, but return often to visit family. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!