The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baby Selven

As a college student at TU I made lots of life-long friends including Selven.  In the mid-nineties he was a business major and was number 27 on the football team.  He and I are fierce friends and in the 10 plus years since we've graduated, we still speak several times a week.  I call him my "brother from another mother"...he calls me "grasshopper*".

He and his girlfriend have a baby due in a couple of weeks and I am SO excited.  He's wanted to be a daddy for some time and his baby boy is almost here.  To celebrate this momentous birth I, grasshopper, am preparing a mostly green flying geese crib quilt for him.

IMG_3207
Strips salvaged from layer cakes purchased in Fl, June 2010
Selven's Squares
Squares all lined up.

IMG_3212
Squares sewn together.
I am a Quiltville fan and follow Bonnie's instructions on creating bonus 1/2 square triangles on what would otherwise be discarded fabric.

IMG_3202
Highly irregular 1/2 triangle squares.

I'll probably use these to make a lavender filled pillow for use in the baby's nursery.

I"ll keep you posted on progress. Baby Selven is due September 10, 2010...must hurry. ~ksp
 ---
* That's a longer story.

2 comments:

Donna Lee said...

One of the things I admire most about quilters is the evenness of the seams and how all the edges match up. I know that it's not eas to do that all the time. It's a labor of love.

You chose great colors "grasshopper"!

Victoria said...

Awww, ain't that nice.