The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Monday, January 19, 2009

Obama Bound

I am in DC for the event of a lifetime. Tomorrow morning, I will gather with my dearest friends wearing multiple layers of clothing to witness the swearing in of the 44th American President.

Parka
ETA: I bought a series of magnets, buttons and zipper pulls from a fabulous Etsy vendor and gave them away as stocking stuffers last Christmas. Check her out.

We have picked out a spot on the National Mall close to a jumbotron screen and plenty of other modern conveniences. I have my MetroCard (I didn't get the commemorative one), my silk thermals, snacks and extra batteries for the digital camera.

MetroCard

I mentioned in an earlier post how very grateful I am to live in a time in this country where such an event is possible. Now more than ever I can barely contain my excitement.

Anxiously, I am now off to bed. Early tomorrow morning I will commune with millions from all over the world to witness all of the hard work and dreams of generations manifest. ~ksp

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

Have fun and cry a tear for me. I'll be thinking of you down there. Now I know someone who actually went! I've heard on npr how many people are converging on the capital.

Kim said...

Yeah! I am so glad you're going! Awesome! Full report of the festivities when you get back!

Ina said...

I'm glad you could be there - looking forward to hearing all about it!