The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Insomnia Is Good For Something

The up-side is that I have time plus energy to post, the down-side is I am wide-awake and am scheduled for an all-day training Tuesday. Pray for me.

I hope everyone in the US had a great Thanksgiving last week. I had several "dinners" throughout the week. I was invited to a dinner with a group of guys I work with. They cooked the entire meal.

This is Hector (don't ask) before...


And this was him after...he didn't stand a chance. The food was delish and they are a very entertaining group of young men. I was actually referred to as "an old head"...as I am in my early 30's, I'm not really sure what to do with that.

***
On the knitting front, I felted a pumpkin to serve as a centerpiece for the pre-turkey Thanksgiving table. Let's just say it didn't go very well and I threw it out the back door and into the rain... Let's hope the squirrels get it.

I also participated in 2 quilt swaps this season. The first is a sawtooth pattern in creams, beiges, golds and silvers... Can't wait to see what I get back. I'll show the second batch next time...

...a close-up

Must. Get. Sleep. ~ksp

4 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I'm hearing you on the sleep. I was sleeping soundly last night but my husband has a cold and was restless as all get out. So, no one got sleep. I'm dragging today and I have training this morning too. What's up with trainings in December? I hope your day goes tolerably well.

Kim said...

An old head? Guess that makes me an ancient head. Sorry about the insomnia. The sleep inducing qualities of turkey just aren't storn genough I suppose. Good luck with the all day training. That may cure your insomnia.

Ina said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! (I want Hector's backstory.) If you're an old head and Kim's an ancient head, I must be positively fossilized.

Victoria said...

LOL at the turkey carcass