The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Red and Yellow and Pink and Green...

I am not sure exactly when I became a bona fide adult...or more importantly, when I started to have friends with middle-school aged kids...at any event, when I wasn't looking it happened. Life would have it that I am blogging remotely from Columbus, OH where one of my dearest college girlfriends in expecting her fist child.

Here is a picture of us together a few years ago at another girlfriend's bridal shower...
Blogger community...meet BabyS...he is not due until the middle of August, but technology allows us to see him today...AMAZING!

For this beautiful baby I made my third quilt of the season. I try to make gifts personal and on this quilt I was stumped. What pattern to use? What colors? The nursery has not been set-up yet so all I had to go on was my relationship with Tiffany.

When we were in college, Tiff used to sing songs in the most annoying of voices. Often in a pitch not usually achieved by humans. One of her standards was "The Rainbow Song". The lyrics are "red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue. I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too."

I saw the whirlygiggles quilt on the Sew Mama Sew blog. I sized-up the pattern taking inspiration for colors from song. Lastly, I quilted the names of each color into each square in English, Spanish, French and Kiswahili.

She loved it! Here she is last night with her god-daughter Little T. covered in babyS's quilt!

A good trip!

3 comments:

yetunde said...

i knew, i should have not come to your blog today. you talking about babies and baby quilts. when i have not even started on the one i need to be making. i guess i will start to night.

stitches

yetunde

Donna Lee said...

I remember that song! It was on a local tv show in the 60's and 70's called Capt. Noah and his magical ark. The quilt is beautiful and absolutely perfect. And isn't technology amazing. Imagine, that baby is not born and already you can see him/her.

Kim said...

Holy shit! That's a baby in there!