The Life and Projects of An Avid Hobbyist

Friday, June 4, 2010

Quilt of Valor

Several years ago, when I was perusing blogs I came across Patchwork Times. Occasionally, Judy publishes patterns and does quilt-a-longs. In advance of Memorial Day she published the fabric requirements for a Quilts of Valor (QOV) pattern.

The mission of the QOV Foundation is to cover ALL those service members and veterans touched by war with quilts called Quilts of Valor (QOVs).

To this end Judy published this pattern (scroll down), and while I did not make her deadline I am pluggin' away at the pattern.

Since I am on a stash fast, I challenged myself to pull fabrics only from the stash closet. This is my sample sheet. Given the various lengths of fabric at my disposal, I ended up with scrappy options of tonal calicos and tone-on-tones.

QOV1_Cheat Sheet
These sheets from Electric Quilter are hella handy when choosing fabrics.

Here are the actual fabrics....
QOV_FabricChoice

Now's time for the pattern. My summer is chuck full of stuff so it'll take some time.

More to come. ~ksp

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

Don't you love your EQ? This is a good start. I can't wait to see what you do!